Sunday 2 February 2014

Back in the game, Circle Orboros.

Testing... testing... is this thing on? Yes? excellent, good. Well, I really let this blog o' mine slide now didn't I? Never fear, I am still alive. I'm still in the hobby. Infact, there's a whole lot gone on since last I posted.

Amongst other things, I've built my very own gaming room in the garden, I've become chairman of our gaming club, The Lost Boys, in ainsdale, southport. I've taekn my first steps into historical gaming with flames of war and bolt action. I've also taken up a second hobby, that of fencing. The sport not the garden boundary. But all this may well get a post of it's own soon. right now, I've got some figures to show off.

So, these are work in progress a lot. Once again, I'm painting from all the fun of a white primer. It's time consuming, and I'm on a deadline. These girls aren't for any army of mine, but need to be ready, with a unit of their male counter parts in time for Smogcon at the end of the month. Time to get cracking!


So, I picked up this commission, the full list being:

5 Tharn Wolf Riders.
A full unit of Tharn Ravagers.
A Tharn Ravager Shamen UA.
A Tharn Ravager Chieftain UA.


I'm not completing the bases, so they're going like this.  The first of the Wolf riders, here, about 90% finished. I'm going to get the whole unit to this point, then go back and neaten everything up, look at them with fresh eyes. You will notice my camera can't deal with 2 faces in the same model. Bah. 


The unit leader is a nice model. I'd forgotten how many details privateer cram into their models. Which becomes more apparent with a white primer. Which is fine when there's no deadline.


A shifty looking close up. Tharn obviously don't trust technology such as cameras. 


A note on hair. Yup, it's really damned orange. Or purple. This was not the intention, but once I'd done it, I realized I actually quite like it. I hope my man thinks the same. I could figure a way of toning it down if I had to, I'm quite sure.  


 The next two models to get the treatment in the queue. The chieftain is a belting model. Looking forward to painting him up a lot. 

So hopefully, I'll get the blog rolling again and I'll have more to report soon. What I've realized already from this job, is that I really want to get a Warmachine army back on the table. its been a while!

Til next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment