A couple of posts back I showed a picture of a pile of plastic parts from everything deamon engine, mainly soulgrinder and maulerfiend parts, hinting at a plan for some new conversion or other.
In truth I had a half baked idea for some sort of soulgrinder for my slaanesh daemons. I was going to mash the two kits together some how, but other than that, I didn't really know where I was going with it.
Then yesterday, I had a flash of inspiration. A good while back I was chatting with one of my mates about how to make a slaaneshi soul grinder, as the stock kit doesn't really fit the theme, no matter how purple you paint it. We decided, inspired by fiends of slaanesh, some so sort of equine monstrosity might just be the way forward.
The slaanesh army in question at the time never got the horsey idea though, and the idea went forgotten about. Until I remembered it yesterday. I looked at the parts again, and before I could forget threw down a very quick sketch on the old tablet.
OK, it was not the greatest, I mean, to start with, horses ain't got that many legs. Bare in mind the parts are drawn from memory at work in a hurry. I think it's the start of something though.
So after the idea was in place, I ran home like I'd won a golden ticket to start work on my creation.
An hour or so cutting, gluing and researching horses and we have this thing on the bench.
This is only the start, obviously, but hopefully you get an impression of where I'm going with it. The main thing I was going for, was a sense of speed in the pose. Hopefully, it looks at least a little bit like a horsey run.
Hopefully I'll be back before long with more progress. Wish me luck!