Monday 19 January 2015

More Snakebite Orks.

Well, I've been trying to find some time to work on the new army, and here's where I'm up to.

The mob of boyz I first started has been joined by the rest of the lads.


I'm quite happy with the variation I've managed to get into the mob. From the gnarly old nob leader, to the homage to the old school snakebites with the Mohawks. In the end, I decided city granite for the bases, simply because it adds a nice contrast to the boyz selection of browns and yellows.

The mob does have big old banner boy there. He has no use in the game, I just thought it's quite fitting for the snakebite clan. Speaking of which... since I've started this army, I've realized just how little is known about the snakebites. With the other clans having access to more toys, or faster trukks, or whatever, its easy to see why these old hacks get forgotten about.

The common misconception with the snakebites is that they are feral Orks. It's easy to see why people think that, but it's not the case. Where feral orks fall off the radar when a waaagh moves to the next planet, and regress back to a more primal state, the snakebites are just a very traditional orky clan. They get organized, are expert hunters and trappers, and second to non at raising livestock, be that squigs, grotz, or lord knows what. The clan gets it's name from the tradition of letting snakes bite the young orks so they come immune to the venom of the bite. They're a traditional lot, as I've mentioned.

So what does all this mean for my army? Well, it means I'm not just building a horde of boyz wielding club and bits of bone, which most people seem to think is going to happen. It means I'm going to have trukks and dreads and guns. I'm not saying there's going to be tellyportas everywhere and such, but I'll still have a few toys.

Which leads me on to my first scratch build. I've built a trukk up for the lads. I wanted a WW2 supply trukk style thing going on here. The 40's inspired bonet and engine, with the wheel arches fits the snakebite's old school view on life, I feel.    


The wheels and tracks come from a bits company based here in the northwest of england, zinge industries. Check them out here: Zinge They've got all the bitz a budding mek would want and more to boot!


I built up the cab rollcage using 3mm brass rod. The rivets also come from zinge. I'm not going to lie, the smaller sprues of these are an absolute nightmare to handle. They're probably half a mil across each...


So a couple of shots of the completed trukk. I love a vehicle with plenty of personality, and I feel this trukk brings plenty of that to the army already! The engine covers are from a dakkajet. I had the sprues left over from building the Sabre flier a very months back.



Well, that's all I've got so far, but check back, there will be more greenskins on the march soon. 

Cheers. 

8 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! And those boyz rock! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We provides technical support service to protect your PC from potential online threats and external attacks like viruses, Trojans, malwares, spywares and phishing scams.Avast Customer Support Toll Free US : +1-888-254-4408. http://www.avastcomsupport.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norton.com/setup to install setup product key, Learn how to download, install, and activate Norton Setup on your Windows and Mac device. http://nortoncom.org/

    ReplyDelete

  4. tutuapp vip
    tutuapp apk
    tutu app apk
    tutuapp install
    tutuapp download
    Has a built-in cache cleaner which effectively removes all the junk files to enhance performance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What colors did you use for the ork skins

    ReplyDelete
  6. YouTube is using several people today and worldwide billions of users on YouTube. There you can watch amazing content, music, or the latest videos. If you want to connect YouTube on your gadget during this time you facing any type of error so you don't take tension. Few steps to resolve issues visit our website youtube.com/active follow the instructions or enjoying videos. But if you do not do these steps, you contact us our toll-free and there our expert team fix your issues immediately furthermore provides the finest solution.
    Read more...

    ReplyDelete
  7. After you have successfully signed in, you will receive a code on the Roku channel. Log in to Roku to receive a code.
    www.uktvplay/activate
    ok google set up my device
    locast.org activate
    amazon com code

    ReplyDelete