And we're back with another update. A couple of days back I left you with a set of basic painted legs. My aim is to get the whole titan to pretty much that level of paint, before I start detailing..
I did want to get this here eye painted in, to try and match the one from the top of my reaver. I don't think I got quite the same iris shade, but I think bearing in mind it's hidden under a titan's chin, it shouldn't be a huge problem.
So, with that, it was time to start layering up the paint work on the torso. Once again, I followed exactly the same methods as can be found on the legs in my last post for the metal work and the granite plating. I painted the spines with a simple mix of black and codex grey, feathering out the highlights toward the top.
At this point, I begun to paint some of the interior details for the simple reason to keep things interesting. I've been sponging granite and boltgun metal like crazy for a couple of days, and just needed a change. This is a very work in progress shot, however.
Then, back to the grind of metal and granite painting for the carapace and the head. Just a shot to show how the machine is starting to look. Speaking of carapace and head...
I took the granite highlights much brighter on these two, so it sits in line with the Reaver, once again. I think the brighter carapace was a bold choice, but I'm happy with it. I just didn't want the overall look to be that of a big block of granite. As you can see from this shot, the chaos marking on top got somewhat sponged upon, so back to the work bench...
To cut back in with my metals. I also took the chance to pick out some other scrapes in the same metals, such of the two over the nose, and the missing decayed sections round the back.